Asphalt Paving Laborer - AL0119
Sanders Brothers is a family owned, fully bonded, license and insured general contractor of street & road construction, and asphalt manufacturing. Founded in the early 60’s, we continue to pride our company on the principles that laid the initial foundation for success: hard work, customer satisfaction and quality products and service. Sanders Brothers Construction Company is currently looking to hire full time support in our Asphalt Paving Department.
Role and Responsibilities
- Placement of hot mix asphalt through the use of a shovel, lute or other related tools.
- Shoveling asphaltic materials and assisting with maintenance of asphalt finishing machine to include adding or removing screed extensions.
- Following instruction of Asphalt Equipment Operator and Asphalt Foreman.
- Working rotating shifts which may include nights and weekends.
- Work in varying weather conditions and work environments including dusty, wet, loud noises, etc.
- Keep company vehicle, property and equipment clean and orderly, informing management of any safety concerns or problems.
- May be exposed to vehicular traffic.
- Comply with all SBCC policies, procedures and safety requirements.
- Perform any other general duties as specified.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Experience using asphalt placement tools (preferred)
- Must obtain a negative drug test result prior to hire and maintain throughout term of employment.
- Must meet SBCC's employment standards with regards to background checks.
- Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Stand and walk with the coordination between their hands, eyes and feet to guide equipment in situations where precision is required.
- Mechanical aptitude is desirable.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Crew members also need fast reflexes, good depth perception and the ability to set controls quickly, precisely and repeatedly.
- Flexible availability to include overtime, possible weekends and may require periods of “on-call” time.
- Work environments will vary making it necessary to tolerate weather conditions, such as rain and extreme temperatures.
- Employees may be exposed to dust, dirt, varying temperatures (including extreme heat), loud noises, etc.
- 1 year experience working with high production asphalt laying crews requiring rotating shifts.
- Valid Driver’s License and provide 3-year motor vehicle record which meets the minimum operating standards in accordance with SBCC vehicle operation policy.
- All candidates must be willing to consent to a background prescreen along with pre-employment drug test.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Profit Sharing, 401K, Vacation and Holiday
About Us: Sanders Brothers Construction is a fully bonded, license and insured general contractor of street & road construction, and asphalt manufacturing. Founded in the early 60’s, we continue to pride our company on the principles that laid the initial foundation for success: hard work, customer satisfaction and quality products and service.
Sanders Brothers Construction, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. “EEO is the Law”