WK Dickson believes that our people are our most valuable asset. From engineers to urban planners and scientists to surveyors, WK Dickson offers its clients a vast network of talent and passion.
WK Dickson’s people are the best in the business, and our success comes from the personal drive of each of us. Our firm was built on the philosophy that people do business with people they like. That goes for our coworkers, too. We work hard. We take risks. We succeed together.
WK Dickson seeks a technology minded professional that enjoys being given responsibility as part of a team based approach to successful project execution. We have engaging and exciting projects in our practice areas. The Water/Sewer team in Columbia, SC is currently looking for a Civil Designer.
- Analyze and organize project data with accuracy, neatness, and timeliness while utilizing appropriate software applications.
- Work from sketches, notes and other input material to produce computer generated graphs, charts, overlays and completed drawings. Can complete finished product with limited direction.
- Understand and follow company standard Civil 3D procedures for layering, etc., and standard drawing procedures for sheet layout. Suggest improvements to standard procedures.
- Develop and maintain Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
- Search, investigate, and select technical reference data pertinent to a project.
- Prepare and assist with developing project computations, estimates, surveys, statistics, and designs.
- Prepare calculations within practice area.
- Deliver projects to clients.
- Maintain technical coordination with staff.
- Maintain positive communication with staff, clients and subcontractors.
- Follow general instructions and company policies and procedures.
- Comply with all company safety policies and rules.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
- Engineering Intern (EI) required, PE preferred.
- Two (2) to Five (5) years of related experience.
- Experience with the design of Municipal Water Resource systems preferred
- Analytical skills with ability to prepare statistical reports.
- Ability to work well independently and on a team.
- Ability to communicate ideas and technical information to staff, supervisors and clients in a professional manner.
- Travel as necessary to meet the needs of the position.
Employees are able to take advantage of our:
- Exclusive ‘Talent Development Program’
- Project Management Curriculum
- Leadership Retreats
- Mentoring Program
In addition WK Dickson offers its employees a competitive benefits package including:
- Competitive salaries
- Medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision care plans
- Matching 401K program
- Life insurance
- Short and long term disabilities benefits
- Supplemental insurance option
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy
- Paid Holidays
- Continuing education / tuition reimbursement
- Professional registration reimbursement
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Performance-based incentives
- Spot bonuses
- Employee referral bonuses
- Flex-time policy (half-day Fridays)
- Moving and relocation assistance
- Business casual work environment
- Company-sponsored social events
- Community giving and charitable programs
Specific programs vary by region, in accordance with the competitive environments of local areas.