WK Dickson believes that our people are our most valuable asset. From engineers to urban planners and scientists to surveyors, WK Dickson offers its clients a vast network of talent and passion.
WK Dickson’s people are the best in the business, and our success comes from the personal drive of each of us. Our firm was built on the philosophy that people do business with people they like. That goes for our coworkers, too. We work hard. We take risks. We succeed together.
Individual must be able to demonstrate the ability to lead, direct and grow the practice in the Columbia, SC area.
- Market services to potential, current and former clients consistent with company goals and objectives.
- Provide the Business Unit Leader with essential project information.
- Develop scope, schedule, budget and coordinate with internal and external subcontractors.
- Assume primary responsibility for project profit and loss.
- Utilize all technical resources to complete projects in an accurate, neat, and timely manner.
- Conduct periodic design team meetings to inform and resolve issues.
- Establish and continuously monitor project budgets.
- Ensure accurate and timely billings to clients and make accounts receivable a priority.
- Review projects for submittal ensuring accuracy, neatness, and timeliness on all
- Assist in formulating plans, costs estimates, timeframes, and specifications of projects.
- Represent firm and clients at various meetings.
- Perform QC reviews and coordinate QA process in accordance with company policy.
- Develop and maintain client base through proposals, client communications, and prospecting.
- Maintain positive communication and working relationship with staff, clients and subcontractors.
- Mentor staff and insure adequate training.
- Maintain appropriate staff through recruiting and retention.
- Perform timely staff evaluations and provide input for compensation adjustments.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Assist the Business Unit Leader with achieving company goals.
- Insure adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all company safety policies and rules.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Must possess a BS Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and supervisory skills.
- Active participation in at least one professional society.
- Analytical skills with ability to prepare statistical reports.
- Ability to work well independently and on a team.
- Ability to communicate ideas and technical information to staff, supervisors and clients in a professional manner.
- Civil 3D experience is preferred
- A minimum of 10-15 years’ experience and PE required (reciprocity in 3 months acceptable)
- Must have strong leadership skills with ability to mentor younger staff
- Must have ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with project team and client
- Experience in public speaking
- Ability to delegate and follow-up efficiently
- Ability to travel as necessary to meet the needs of the position.
Company Benefits: With our Wellness Premium Credit, Employees are Eligible for free Medical and Dental Coverage.
Employees are able to take advantage of our:
- Exclusive ‘Talent Development Program’
- Project Management Curriculum
- Mentoring/Coaching Program
In addition WK Dickson offers its employees a competitive benefits package including:
- Competitive salaries
- Medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision care plans
- Matching 401K program
- Life insurance
- Short and long term disability benefits
- Supplemental insurance option
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy
- Paid Holidays
- Continuing education / tuition reimbursement
- Professional registration reimbursement
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Performance-based incentives
- Spot bonuses
- Employee referral bonuses
- Flex-time policy (half-day Fridays)
- Moving and relocation assistance
- Business casual work environment
- Company-sponsored social events
- Community giving and charitable programs
Specific programs vary by region, in accordance with the competitive environments of local areas.