The CDL Driver II is responsible for delivering materials to job site; inspecting and maintaining the truck, reporting shortages and claims to supervisor, and assisting in the loading and storing of materials. Typically a more experienced driver who operates a boom or mounty. Also includes more experienced tractor trailer drivers.
1. Maintain a current Class A Commercial Driver’s License as required.
2. Prepare DOT required log of time on duty and driving.
3. Organize and secure load.
4. Assist forklift operators when loading.
5. Account for all company funds, such as C.O.D.’s.
6. Check orders for accuracy
7. Deliver and unload materials to customers’ satisfaction.
8. Complete daily equipment pre-inspection.
9. Record all merchandise that is returned by the truck, assist in unloading material returned for credit.
10. Follow guidelines established by the Department of Transportation.
11. Log in deliveries on supervisor’s log sheet.
12. Wait on customers while truck is being loaded.
13. Relay messages sent by customers while on job.
14. Assist supervisor, other employees and other work areas, as assigned.
15. Assist in maintaining good housekeeping in yard and warehouse.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Minimum education required: High School Diploma or general equivalency degree (GED).
2. Minimum experience required: Must be a CDL A driver with at least 2 years experience driving a Tractor Trailer (semi) or 2 years experience operating boom trucks and/or trucks with mounties & roll off trailers.
3. Special skills required: Attention to detail when delivering over sized loads and the ability to do arithmetic, read orders, write instructions and complete forms.
4. Communicate with customers, other employees and supervisors using verbal and written skills. Knowledge and ability to use safe lifting techniques.
5. Other: Clean driving record and current operator’s license.
Minimum experience required: Must be a CDL A Driver with at least 2 years experience driving a Tractor Trailer (semi) or 2 years experience operating boom trucks and/or trucks with mounties & roll off trailers.
This is not an OTR (Over The Road) position. This position may require some heavy lifting.