Zachry Construction Corporation is currently looking for Traveling Concrete Finishers to work on civil and heavy highway construction project in Lexington, SC.
- Smooth and finish fresh poured ready mixed concrete on highway roadway surfaces, and other concrete structures to specified textures using hand or power tools, including floats, trowels, and screeds
- Spread concrete to specified depth while still in a workable consistency
- Mix sand and cement by hand
- Use float to bring water to surface and produce soft topping for a level and smooth finish
- Setting prefabricated metal forms, as well as wooden forms
- Perform other duties as instructed by supervisor
This job summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. The job summary is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Required Skills & Experience
- Follow all required company and general safety rules, policies and guidelines
- Knowledge of smoothing and finishing fresh poured ready mixed concrete
- Use hand or power tools including floats, trowels and screeds
- Knowledge of spreading concrete to specified depth while still in a workable consistency
- Knowledge of mixing sand and cement by hand and using float to bring water to surface and produce soft topping for a level and smooth finish
- Knowledge in setting prefabricated metal forms, as well as wooden forms
- Must be physically fit to perform duties to include: bending over or kneeling for several hours at a time
- Must be flexible to work either day or night shift as dictated by work schedule
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds and be able to take direction from supervisor and stay on task to get the job done.
- Must have minimum 3 years of concrete finishing experience working on civil/highway/bridge construction projects.
Zachry stands on a rich tradition of creativity, stability, innovation and experience in the construction industry. Fully understanding that Zachry’s employees are the heart of our success, we foster a dynamic work environment by providing development opportunities such as training, education, and career advancement. We believe people are our greatest asset and offer a variety of training and development opportunities to promote excellence and facilitate career advancement.
Zachry offers an industry leading benefits package for our employees and their families.
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- and many more
Zachry Construction Corporation performs heavy civil and building work throughout the United States and relocation is sometimes required for continuous employment opportunities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.