United Infrastructure Group continues to be a leader in the transportation construction industry in the southeast with a 90+ year history of delivering successful projects by hiring exceptional employees to work in a professional family environment. UIG is committed to developing the best workforce possible by constantly recruiting, training, and promoting construction industry professionals throughout our organization.
Our comprehensive benefits package is custom-designed to achieve that goal through access to the following benefits:
- Highly Competitive Salaries
- Generous Performance Bonuses
- Robust Subsistence Allowances
- Comprehensive Health Plans with Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Strong 401k Savings and Profit Sharing Plan with 100% Matching Contributions
- Significant Paid Time Off
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Training, Education, Certification, and Qualification Assistance
- Benefits may vary based on position and length of employment.
Primary Function of Concrete Finisher: Smooth and finish surfaces of poured concrete.
Typical Duties include but are not limited to:
- Fabricate parts or components.
- Install masonry materials.
- Mix substances or compounds needed for work activities.
- Inspect completed work to ensure proper installation.
- Pour materials into or on designated areas.
- Prepare surfaces for finishing.
- Smooth surfaces with abrasive materials or tools.
- Install metal structural components.
- Cut metal components for installation.
- Apply sealants or other protective coatings.
- Apply decorative masonry finishes.
- Spread concrete or other aggregate mixtures.
- Position structural components.
- Compact materials to create level bases.
- Monitor construction operations.
- Clean surfaces in preparation for work activities.
- Apply material to fill gaps in surfaces.
- Finish concrete surfaces.
- Position construction forms or molds.
- Build construction forms or molds.
- Break up rock, asphalt, or concrete
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Must observe safety procedures and report any potentially unsafe conditions to management.
- Respond quickly to follow carpenters or other skilled laborer’s directions.
- Must follow policies and procedures and support UIG's Mission.
- Experience in construction preferred.
REQUIREMENTS: ALL Applicants must be:
- 18 years of Age
- Able to pass a Drug Test
- Legally Eligible to Work in the US
- Additional Requirements for Craft Workers:
o Must have own transportation to and from jobsite every work day (driver's license not required).
o Must provide own hand tools (excluding power tools).
o May be expected to travel where the project requires (multi-state opportunities).