Job Title: Confined Space Rescue Coordinator
Department: Health and Safety
Reports to: Health and Safety Manager
The Confined Space Rescue (CSR) Coordinator position is the leader of the CSR Specialist Team and is associated with the delivery of MER’s Confined Space Rescue services. The position is responsible for assisting in the development and maintenance of the CSR Program both at the local level and across MER and will be charged with the planning and safe execution of all CSR opportunities.
- Adheres to and demonstrate MER’s core values: Integrity, Mutual Respect, Discipline and Professionalism
- Serves as the primary driver of the CSR Program by delivering training, managing local personnel and equipment on CSR projects to deliver services that meet all MER objectives of:
- Quality – Health and Safety, Regulatory Compliance, Professionalism
- Customer Satisfaction – Responsiveness, On Time Arrival, Exceeding Client Expectations
- Profitability – Cost Control, Proper Resource Allocation and Efficiency
- Growth – Employee Development
- Responsible for coordinating CSR activities performed by MER’s CSR Specialist Team in support of MER’s Confined Space Rescue Program including:
- Employee developmental activities on a monthly/quarterly basis (i.e. Skills Enhancement Activities, CSR drills, etc.)
- Assures local CSR equipment is inventoried, inspected and maintained
- Manage and Coordinate the MER CSR Specialist Academy
- Coordinates and drives MER’s Commercial Safety Services (Confined Space Rescue, Commercial Training, Site Safety)
- Performs Confined Space Standby at various client facilities
- Completes confined space assessments and inventories at various client facilities
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of rescue plans for CSR projects
- Assists in delivering local CSR refresher training with oversight provided by MER’s Health and Safety Manager
- Enforces company policies and procedures and effectively communicates performance feedback, guidance and mentoring support to CSR Specialist Team members
- Occasionally assists in project onsite safety management
- Maintains close communications with Health and Safety Team to ensure program development is meeting Best-in-Class standards
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 3 years of field experience required
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Must demonstrate strong leadership skills, training and/or experience
- Strong communication (both written and verbal), analytical and persuasive skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees, management and clients.
- Must be multi-task oriented and have strong supervisory, time management, organizational, and problem solving skills and the ability to understand and analyze CSR components of projects.
- Must be able to read, understand, develop and implement confined spaces rescue plans of all types
- Strong working knowledge of OSHA, ANSI and NFPA standards, along with other applicable federal, state and local regulatory standards
- Ability to work in a wide range of environments including those involving hazardous conditions which may require lifting or exerting force exceeding 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in excess of regularly scheduled hours when necessary.
- Ability to travel overnight as required by business needs.
- Must participate in and successfully complete continuing education training courses in occupational safety and environmental regulations as outlined by the MER employee development program
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 29 CFR 1910.146 OSHA Confined Space Training
- NFPA 1006 Rope Rescue Technician (Preferred)
- NFPA 1006 Confined Space Rescue Technician (Preferred)
- 29 CFR 1910.151 OSHA First Aid and CPR Certified
- Emergency Medical Technician – any level (Preferred)
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays