Controller – CO0918
Sanders Brothers Construction is currently seeking a Controller to oversee the finance and accounting department. This position requires adherence to all company standards, policies and procedures, as well as compliance with all federal and state regulations. This position will need to be able to provide strong leadership, training, team building and supervision with an emphasis on employee development.
Role and Responsibilities
- Oversee the activities of the corporate accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits and annual budgets.
- Oversee the activities of the disbursement department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, core employee expense reports, cash control, core payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance.
- Oversee the activities of the accounts receivable department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application, etc; funding service management, which includes weekly funding reports and customer service; quarter and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports; and check statistic management.
- Assist with corporate income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company's value.
- Respond to CFO as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate his financial needs.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Ten years of hands-on accounting managerial experience
- This position requires standing and walking. Requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend as necessary.
- Frequently lift or move items up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move items up to 20 pounds.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, employees and managers.
- Effective conflict resolution abilities.
- Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
- This position requires travel to local plant locations as needed
- Financial Management.
- Technical Capacity.
- Performance Management.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Profit Sharing, 401K, Vacation and Holiday
About Us: Sanders Brothers Construction is a fully bonded, license and insured general contractor of street & road construction, and asphalt manufacturing. Founded in the early 60’s, we continue to pride our company on the principles that laid the initial foundation for success: hard work, customer satisfaction and quality products and service.
Sanders Brothers Construction, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. “EEO is the Law”