Located in Lancaster, SC, LCI-Lineberger Construction Inc. provides a wide range of services from building highways to commercial site preparation, erosion control, reclamation, grading and paving and utility installation for public and private clients alike. The company also operates a trucking division with a fleet of 25 dump trucks providing services to LCI jobs as well as to other customers. In business since 1995, LCI is a very fast growing and dynamic company providing many opportunities for career growth and individual achievement.
- Major Medical Health Insurance
- Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- LTD and STD
- Company Sponsored 401k
- PTO and Paid Holidays
- Employee Training
To perform skilled and semi-skilled work involved in the mechanical servicing, maintenance and repair of vehicles, heavy construction equipment and other equipment; to maintain records related to equipment and vehicle repairs, shop operations. Works in a manner to achieve the company goal; One Team, One Mission: Safety, Quality, Production.
Description of Tasks: The following is an abbreviated list of tasks:
- Conducts safety inspections on vehicles and equipment
- Coordinates ALL repairs and/or services with the shop foreman.
- “RED TAGS” all unsafe equipment as directed by the shop foreman.
- Diagnoses and repairs computer controlled systems, electrical systems, brakes, steering, suspensions, drive train components, differentials, transfer cases, transmissions, gasoline- and diesel-powered engines, HVAC systems, hydraulic systems on vehicles, trucks and heavy equipment
- Inspects and replaces tires as needed
- Performs scheduled preventive maintenance of all vehicles and equipment
- Performs minor body work as needed, including painting.
- Performs field repairs of vehicles or equipment as necessary, including during adverse weather / environmental conditions
- Picks up parts and supplies necessary for unexpected maintenance and repair work. Interacts with vehicle / equipment operators to help determine service and repair needs
- Operates hoists and overhead cranes
- Maintains garage, shop and equipment in a safe, clean and orderly condition
- Performs all work in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, company and department policies and procedures, and standards of quality and safety
- Maintains accurate and complete work records.
- Work safely, wear applicable PPE and notify supervisor of any potentially unsafe situations
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area
- Remain productive for the entire work day
- Maintain personal appearance in accordance with company policy
- Show a willingness to learn job site goals and company-wide goals
- Perform any other special projects as needed