Mainstream Commercial Divers, Inc. (MCDI) is a full-service underwater inspection, construction, maintenance, and diving company. Since formation, MCDI has inspected, constructed, and maintained in-water structures of all types. MCDI is experienced in all aspects of inland commercial diving and underwater construction.
The Diver must be able to work in compliance on various marine and land-based projects. They must adhere to and maintain strict compliance with corporate/office policies and procedures, established health and safety protocols, and all applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
- Execution of field work encompassed in dive projects while under direct or indirect supervision.
- Correct completion of all job-specific, employee-related MCDI paper work.
- Understand and work within project’s detailed scope-of-work to maintain strict compliance with contract documents, project schedules, and corporate policies and procedures.
- Work safely during all phases of performing the job duties required in the field.
- Ability to perform work inside areas of varying dimensions; involving squatting and crawling for possible extended periods.
- Ability to follow directions; read/speak and understand English; read and understand dive plans.
- Set up a standard dive station.
- Fully “op checks” a standard dive station.
- Identifies and maintains each component included in the standard “Life Support Equipment” job box.
- Memorizes all emergency line pull signals.
- Assist the diver in dressing and undressing correctly.
- Tends a diver and his tools.
- Ties bowlines, hitches, and cleating lines.
- Performs routine maintenance of underwater life support equipment.
- Identifies frequently used underwater tools.
- Demonstrates underwater ability during simple dive tasks.
- The ability to safely drive and perform safety checks on all vehicles for which licensed.
- Project work may require out of town travel for two weeks or more.
- Must be able to understand and comply with company and client safety standards.
- Due to the diversity of both scheduled and non-scheduled projects, physical demands and environmental conditions vary significantly depending on the project.
- Work outside year-round in all types of weather.
- May be exposed to varying levels of physical activities and physical extremes such as long periods of standing, walking, crouching, use of hands, and heavy lifting of up to 50 pounds or more.
- May work in environments that are extreme in nature like environmental conditions such as heat, cold, heights, hazardous chemicals, loud noises, dangerous equipment, long hours etc.
- Requires High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent reading, writing and reasoning skills).
- Experience in hydroelectric facility inspection and repair, nuclear inspection and repair, potable, contaminated, tug/ship inspection and repair, bridge inspection and/or FERC inspection preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- TWIC preferred
- Requires visual acuity and distinguish colors
- Valid CPR First Aid, CPR, Oxygen Administration, and AED certification
- ADCI entry level tender diver certification card and/or ACDE certification card
- Successful completion of a pre-employment background and substance screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) search as well continued verifications throughout employment to ensure that all records meet company policy standards.
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays