- This individual will perform all aspects of Electrical engineering as it relates to individually assigned projects.
- Capable of working independently on highly complex projects to design multiple systems (A/V, IT, lighting, power, etc.).
- Plan & design electrical systems for complex projects of various types including; institutional facilities, commercial buildings, medical complexes, educational facilities, laboratories, and government facilities including construction administration.
Perform individual aspects of electrical engineering as it relates to individually assigned projects. This is inclusive of, but not limited to the following:
- Power distribution both primary distribution and secondary distribution
- Power generation including cogeneration and standby systems
- Lighting design and control, including both interior and exterior lighting
- Power conditioning and uninterruptible power supplies
- Security and surveillance
- Fire alarm
- Programmable controllers
- Nurse call
- Lightning protection
Additional responsibilities include:
- Performing appropriate fieldwork to determine a design direction, including making educated decisions on system upgrades.
- Meeting with clients and other engineers to review and coordinate disciplines.
- Seeing the electrical construction of a project through completion and evaluating conformance with project construction documents.
- Consulting with clients to determine the scope of services required for a project which may include:
- Conducting field surveys and meeting with clients
- Analysis and selection of systems
- Evaluating project budgets
- Completing design documents and technical specification.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment to complete a project from start to finish with little to no input from Supervisor.
- Process correspondence efficiently, accurately and confidentially.
- Electrical Designer with 5+ years of previous experience working for Engineering Consulting firms.
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering or an Architectural Engineering Degree with an emphasis in Electrical Engineering
- PE, registered in South Carolina
- LEED Accredited
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Technical Requirements (software/equipment/computer)
- Microsoft Office
- AutoCAD (current version)
- Revit (current version)
- Visual Lighting Software
DWG offers a robust benefits package to all full time employees which currently includes:
- Basic Life/AD&D
- Voluntary Life
- STD/LTD coverage
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday pay