Ace Electric is looking to hire Electrician Helpers for a 6 to 8 month project in Winnsboro, South Carolina.
The Electrician Helper assists electricians by performing tasks under the direct supervision of an electrician actually installing the work and handling the bulk of materials. This employee should keep all materials, tools, and equipment in an orderly fashion and the work area clean at all times. Demonstrating safe work habits and proper care of tools and equipment. Electrician Helpers are prohibited from working on energized circuits or equipment.
Preferred Job Skills:
- Able to maintain professional appearance and conduct at all times.
- OSHA 10 Hour, CPR, and First Aid trained.
- Able to maintain high levels of productivity, meeting deadlines while maintaining accuracy.
- Must be an effective and professional communicator.
Mandatory Hiring Requirements:
References, Background Check, Drug Screen Testing, Valid Driver’s License.
Assist electricians by performing tasks under the direct supervision of an electrician actually installing the work and handling the bulk of materials. This employee should keep all materials, tools, and equipment in an orderly fashion and keep the work area clean at all times. Demonstrating safe work habits and proper care of tools and equipment, Apprentice I will learn and assist with performing:
- Basic blueprint knowledge
- Layout from field sketches
- Panel terminations
- Size conduit and boxes
- Transformer terminations
- Motor terminations
- Underground conduit installation
- Overhead and in wall conduit and cable installation
- Wire terminations in J-Box
- Conduit and box installation in CMU block alongside masons
- Pull wire feeder/branch/low-voltage
- Operate equipment (training will be provided).
- Assist in keeping fluid levels checked and greased in all equipment and vehicles.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Age: Must be between the ages of 18-35 and able to provide birth certificate.
- License: Valid state driver's license.
- Certification: None required.
- Education: High School Graduate/GED required.
- Experience: None required. A letter of recommendation from previous or present employer is required to enroll in the Apprenticeship Program. Veterans are required to submit a copy of their Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD 214).
- Job requires working in all weather elements; heat, cold, rain, or snow, depending on job location and time of year.
- Must be able to utilize construction site sanitary facilities (Porta-Johns).
- Job requires employee to have required personal tools with him at all times (waist tool belt as worn weighs approximately 30 lbs.).
- Work from all types of ladders and be able to transport/relocate ladders unassisted.
- Employee’s personal weight with tools cannot exceed the rated weight capacity of ladders used.
- Perform work at various heights, up to 90 feet from ladders, scaffolds, aerial work platforms, cat walks and other safe work areas.
- Work in restricted or confined areas such as switch gear-rooms, manholes, utility tunnels and crawl spaces.
- Must wear all personal protective equipment as required
- Must be able to regularly work 40 hours per week plus overtime as required. Night shifts, weekends, and out-of-town work may be required.
Required Physical/Mental Functions:
- Positively identify colors of wire and other items as required.
- Comprehension of construction drawings, schematics and specifications.
- Bend conduit using hand benders.
- Must have the ability to safely use required power tools.
- Must be able to safely operate construction equipment (trencher, forklift, aerial work platforms, etc.).
- Capable of digging trenches, using of hand tools or power equipment.
- Comprehend and practice safe work procedures as outlined in Company Safety Handbook.
- Operate two handed tools as required. Cable cutters, hammer drills, compression tools, etc.
- Operate company truck with manual and automatic transmission.
- Read and interpret maps, instructional manuals, work site directions, and written instructions.
- Must hear and see well (either natural or with correction).
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crawl, climb, kneel, balance, push, pull and reach overhead.
- Able to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds, with frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Tolerant to prolonged standing and movement on foot.
- Climb ladders (all types).
- Repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers. Completing overhead work for full day assignments.
- Must be able to make transition from employee parking area or street into construction work areas and to gain access to all levels of the building, even if the only means of access is by O.S.H.A. approved site construction ladder or stairs still under construction but acceptable for use.
- Must be able to secure tools and materials from storage areas to complete assigned tasks.
Ace Electric, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Drug-Free Workplace Program Statement:
Ace Electric, Inc. provides a Drug-Free Workplace and prohibits the presence of certain items and substances on project or company premises and property and prohibits project and company personnel and others from reporting to work, working or being present on project or company premises while under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or other unauthorized substances, or with measurable quantity of alcohol, illegal drugs or other unauthorized substances present in the body. Ace Electric, Inc. abides by their Drug and Alcohol Abuse Policy as part of its commitment to safety and quality.