Moran Environmental Recovery, LLC (MER) is an integrated environmental company specialized in providing services to Energy and Industrial, Commercial and Naval Marine, Railroad and Government clients. With operations based in strategically located resource centers along the United States eastern and gulf coasts, the services we perform range in scope from routine maintenance work, utilizing vacuum trucks and high-pressure washing equipment to large-scale site remediation and abatement. Our core competencies involve specialized risk management tools and are performed in strict compliance with complex regulatory requirements. We provide these services using in-house resources, enabling exceptional quality control enjoyed by few companies in our industry.
The Fleet Mechanic position provides a wide range of preventative maintenance as well as service and repair work on the MER fleet of vehicles at assigned Resource Centers. The Mechanic oversees all aspects of vehicle maintenance and works in conjunction with local Logistics Managers in considering the needs of the Resource Center in making resource repair decisions. They must adhere to and maintain strict compliance with corporate/office policies and procedures, established health and safety protocols, and all applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
- Responsible for daily activities of repair and maintenance (R&M) operations through guidance from Fleet Manager and Logistics Manager
- Completes Maintenance Repair Orders for all work completed during shift in a neat and timely manner following MER in-house guidelines
- Must maintain a clean and safe work area at all times following all MER environmental and safety program requirements
- Makes R&M schedule determinations and decisions on a daily basis with the local Logistics Manager to ensure the effective and timely allocation of resources to meet client expectations
- Regularly communicates with the local Logistics Manager, other Company Mechanics and the Fleet Manager each day to ensure necessary equipment geographic and logistic requirements will be met
- Ability to perform work inside areas of varying dimensions; involving squatting and crawling for possible extended periods.
- Ability to follow directions; read/speak and understand English; read and understand common danger placards / labels and hazardous warning literature including site safety plans.
- The ability to safely drive and perform safety checks on all vehicles for which licensed.
- Project work may require out of town travel for two weeks or more.
- Must be able to understand and comply with company and client safety standards.
- Due to the diversity of both scheduled and non-scheduled projects, physical demands, and environmental conditions vary significantly depending on the project.
- Work outside year round in all types of weather.
- May work in environments that are extreme in nature like environmental conditions such as heat, cold, heights, hazardous chemicals, loud noises, dangerous equipment, long hours etc.
- May be exposed to varying levels of physical activities and physical extremes such as long periods of standing, walking, crouching, use of hands, and heavy lifting of up to 50 pounds or more.
- Requires High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent reading, writing and reasoning skills).
- Requires at least five (5) years of diesel / heavy equipment mechanic experience.
- Additional experience in related work (emergency response, manual labor, general construction, industrial cleaning) is preferred.
- Must be able to supply own set of master mechanic tools
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) preferred, but not required.
- Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC) preferred.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment background and substance screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) search as well continued verifications throughout employment to ensure that all records meet company policy standards.
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays