The Grading / Dirt Foreman is responsible for grading and dirt operations for heavy highway, road and bridge projects
- Supervise and manage a grading crew performing fine grading operations according to the project's schedule and budget
- Must abide by all environmental laws and regulations to protect and maintain work areas affected by grading operations
- Responsible for planning, production and safety of a heavy highway grading crew
- Supervises and monitors progress and quality of work
- Assist project management in assuring that all work meets project plans and specifications
- Comply with all Zachry safety policies and guidelines
This job summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. The job summary is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Required Skills & Experience
- Must be able to review construction plans and specifications to correctly and efficiently construct a quality project
- Must have working knowledge of environmental laws and regulations to protect and maintain work areas affected by grading operations
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must be capable of managing fine grade and finish operations
- 10+ years heavy highway construction experience supervising crews responsible for excavation, embankment, drainage and subgrade
- Working knowledge of environmental laws and regulations and Trimble grading controls
- GPS grading controls experience is desired
- Prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programs such as Excel and Word
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Dependable, self-motivated and task oriented
Zachry stands on a rich tradition of creativity, stability, innovation and experience in the construction industry. Fully understanding that Zachry’s employees are the heart of our success, we foster a dynamic work environment by providing development opportunities such as training, education, and career advancement. We believe people are our greatest asset and offer a variety of training and development opportunities to promote excellence and facilitate career advancement.
Zachry offers an industry leading benefits package for our employees and their families.
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- and many more
Zachry Construction Corporation performs heavy civil and building work throughout the United States and relocation is sometimes required for continuous employment opportunities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.