For 90 years, the professional men and women of Blythe Construction, Inc. have literally paved the way for hundreds of public and private projects that have supported the Southeast's rise to prominence. From large interstate highways to small commercial site development, Blythe Construction employees perform with pride and creativity. We approach every project with a dedication to efficiency, technology and, most of all, safety. Blythe Construction is proud to be a part of this area's history and development, and a partner in the Carolina’s future.
Under general direction of Equipment Operations Manager, purpose of position is to perform re-fueling and lube operations on equipment. Employee lubes and fuels all construction equipment and other motorized equipment located on job sites. Performs related work as required.
Responsible to support all equipment fueling operations within Company to include:
- Actively participates in our Safety 1st
- Demonstrates safety 1st attitude
- Identifies and turns in near miss reports
- Speaks up when sees unsafe act
- Ensures all safety precautions are in place such as MSDS, placards, fire extinguishers, and warning lights are in place and operational on all vehicles.
- Ensure all local laws, regulations, Eurovia rules and group policies are in compliance.
- Understands and obeys all DOT regulations as it pertains to fuel/lube truck operation.
- Performs routine lubrication and refueling operations on all on site equipment.
- Maintains accurate accountability of all petroleum products at all times.
- Ensures all equipment on site are first lubricated and then fueled at the designated time in order to ensure uninterrupted use of the equipment.
- Maintains fuel-lube truck and all equipment in fully operational condition.
- Maintains automated fuel system and accurately records equipment number, hours and or miles and all products dispensed.
- Maintains a clean work area, sweeps floors, removes oil and grease spills and performs other general custodial work as required.
- Maintains personal tools and company owned tools.
- Accurately completes all associated forms such as fuel and lubricants inventory records, and time sheets.
- Demonstrates team attitude, and works to attain individual, division and company goals
General. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience. This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as a Fuel Lube Technician. A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees.
- Valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record required.
- Valid Class "A" or "B" CDL License with Tanker/Hazmat Endorsement and Current Medical Card.
- Physical Demand. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a Fuel Lube Technician to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constant physical effort required. Ability to lift 0 to 50 pounds with frequent lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds; Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time; ability to stoop, bend, crouch, walk and climb on and off equipment, or stable work site repetitively when required with use of hands, arms and legs fully.
- Continuous mental and visual attention required to complete tasks in efficient manner involving repetitive or diversified work requiring alertness to activity. Flexible work schedule as required by project. Working conditions will consist of exposure to grease, noise, dust, and dirt of the construction project or shop.
- Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that an Fuel Lube Technician encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, grease, and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
- Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Medical & Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Term Life
- Long Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation & Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Plan
- Additional Benefits including wellness coaching, etc..
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply.