Zachry Construction is currently looking for an Experience GPS Dozer Operator for our Gaffney,SC I-85 JV project.
- Be a mentor to other team members by teaching them proper techniques of Excavator operation for grading operations
- Be punctual, dependable and professional at all times
- Work with cost effectiveness, profitability and safety in mind
- Lead by example
- Lead the safety effort by recognizing and correcting hazards as soon as they are present
- Arrive at work prior to designated work start time
- Attend daily safety and project coordination meeting
- Proficient in safe operation of CAT bulldozers (CAT D5-D8)
- Operate bulldozer controls to regulate height and angle of the blade and lower ripper to loosen packed soil to permit grading
- Feel levers and listen to equipment sounds to determine depth of the cut
- Operate bulldozer in successive passes over construction surface to raise and lower terrain to specified grade, following markings on grade stakes, hand signals or GPS controls.
- Check fluid levels daily before use
- Assist in locating existing utilities to avoid damage
- Ensure equipment stays in clean working order and report any issues to Pipe Foreman
- Restore post construction work to original condition or better
- Communicate time away from work with your team leader and other team members with sufficient notice to make plans for changing personnel to focus on the priorities
- Willingness to work hours as required
This job summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. The job summary is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Required Skills & Experience
- Physical ability to perform assigned tasks
- Physical ability to walk on uneven terrain
- Must be able to climb equipment’s ladder to reach the operators seat
- General operator skills
- Basic knowledge of operating a Dozer.
- Previous experience with grade control systems preferred, must be willing to learn
- Other heavy equipment experience preferred: excavator, backhoe, loader, dozer, etc.
- Knowledge of finishing roadways
- Valid driver license
- At least 4 years of previous heavy equipment experience
Zachry stands on a rich tradition of creativity, stability, innovation and experience in the construction industry. Fully understanding that Zachry’s employees are the heart of our success, we foster a dynamic work environment by providing development opportunities such as training, education, and career advancement. We believe people are our greatest asset and offer a variety of training and development opportunities to promote excellence and facilitate career advancement.
Zachry offers an industry leading benefits package for our employees and their families.
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- and many more
Zachry Federal Construction Corporation performs heavy civil and building work throughout the United States and relocation is sometimes required for continuous employment opportunities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.