A GPS Motor Grader Equipment Operator is an hourly-rated skilled craft position that performs on construction projects any combination of the duties described more fully, below. A GPS Motor Grader Equipment Operator typically performs a wide variety of tasks, transferring from one task to another as the work flow dictates.
- Conduct Pre-start Visual Walk-around inspection
- Utilize automatic grade control system/GPS, where applicable
- Notify supervisor if equipment needs service/repair
- Monitor all engine gauges
- Operate Motor Grader, utilizing hand and foot controls
- Scrap, shape, blade and level for various grades
- Operate to fine grade specifications, including shoulders and slopes.
- Read, interpret and execute plan requirements and grade standards
- Understand production and quantity requirements
- Perform incidental work items and duties included within other craftsGeneral. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Physical Demands.The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a Motor Grader Equipment Operator to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years or more of industry related experience is required for this position, with an emphasis on roads, highways, and bridges.
- Operator must be able to sit for extended periods of time and periodically climb up/down equipment, utilizing built in access (typically 3 vertical steps or rungs) with hand bar support.
- Frequently work with hands, to operate controls
- Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
- Periodically walk over ground terrain, in varying weather conditions.
Zachry stands on a rich tradition of creativity, stability, innovation and experience in the construction industry. Fully understanding that Zachry’s employees are the heart of our success, we foster a dynamic work environment by providing development opportunities such as training, education, and career advancement. We believe people are our greatest asset and offer a variety of training and development opportunities to promote excellence and facilitate career advancement.
Zachry offers an industry leading benefits package for our employees and their families.
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- and many more
Zachry Federal Construction Corporation performs heavy civil and building work throughout the United States and relocation is sometimes required for continuous employment opportunities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.