Grading Superintendent - GS1018
Sanders Brother Construction is currently seeking a Grading Superintendent to provide leadership to our site work foremen, crews and projects through the Charleston, SC area. The Grading Superintendent will be responsible for overseeing site work projects including management of personal, coordinating equipment, budget, equipment and communication with company leadership and customers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Enforcing SBCC safety program – “Critical 6” - including identifying & communicating safety concerns for assigned personnel, conducting, documenting and reporting bi-weekly safety meetings.
- Promote and enforce SBCC’s principles – “Core 6” – Integrity, Safety, Commitment, Accountability, Quality and Teamwork.
- Manage multiple site work foremen and crews consisting of various skills and abilities responsible for numerous heavy civil construction projects. Activities include scheduling, time/attendance, performance and disciplinary actions.
- Reading and interpreting site plans/prints/job designs.
- Operates one or more types of heavy equipment such as dozer, track hoe/excavator, or motor grader to prepare undeveloped job sites to meet job required grades.
- Construct/grade new roads, building pads and water retention ponds to proper slope and grade specifications.
- Participate in company preconstruction, budget, personnel, and planning meetings.
- Operate equipment efficiently to maintain production goals.
- May be required to perform job requirements with little supervision.
- General housekeeping and maintenance checks of equipment including reporting usage/utilization hours on a daily basis or as directed by supervisor.
- The use of a shovel to move material will be necessary.
- Working in varying weather conditions.
- Keep company work site clean and orderly, informing management of any safety concerns.
- Comply with all SBCC policies, procedures and safety requirements.
- Perform any other general duties as specified.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 5+ Years of managing construction related crews.
- 5+ Years of equipment operation experience.
- Experience operating at least three or more pieces of earth moving equipment (dozer, grader, etc…).
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Experience reading and interpreting site plans/job designs and ability to communicate requirements to employees.
- Must obtain a negative drug test result prior to hire and maintain throughout term of employment.
- Proficient meeting site fine grade requirements with multiple types of equipment.
- Experience managing equipment movements and planning equipment needs per project specifications and requirements.
- Proficient and building retention ponds to required slopes.
- Capable of programming GPS installed devices.
- Must meet SBCC's employment standards with regards to background checks.
- Have the ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License and provide 3-year motor vehicle record which meets the minimum operating standards in accordance with SBCC vehicle operation policy.
- Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Flexible availability to include overtime and possible weekends.
- Work environments will vary making it necessary to tolerate weather conditions, such as rain and extreme temperatures. Employees may be exposed to dust, dirt, varying temperatures, loud noises, etc.
Candidates will be encouraged to provide a 3-year MVR (at time of application) and will be required to consent to a background screen and pre-employment drug test.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Profit Sharing, 401K, Vacation and Holiday
Sanders Brothers Construction is a fully bonded, license and insured general contractor of street & road construction, and asphalt manufacturing. Founded in the early 60’s, we continue to pride our company on the principles that laid the initial foundation for success: hard work, customer satisfaction and quality products and service.
Sanders Brothers Construction, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
“EEO is the Law”