Concrete Paving Mechanic of all levels are needed to work in I-85 project in Spartanburg, SC. Zachry provides safe, secure and productive opportunities for motivated employees.
- Interpret parts and service manuals in order to properly diagnose repairs needed as well as order appropriate parts
- Maintain accurate record keeping of all daily tasks
- Work safely and follow all instructions related to company policies and regulatory agencies during the performance of duties
- Perform visual inspections on equipment and provide written report of conditions and deficiencies
- Produce clean and accurate work
- Responsible and dependable
- Keep work area clean
This job summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. The job summary is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Required Skills & Experience
- 2 plus years’ experience in the Heavy Equipment Maintenance industry or an educational degree in Diesel related technical courses
- Provide own hand tools (1 ½” wrenches and sockets) and storage necessary to perform preventative maintenance on heavy equipment (larger tools supplied by Zachry)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and capable of following directions and effectively work in a team environment
- Ability to recognize and react to safety related issues
- Ability to work on Caterpillar, John Deere, Link Belt, Manitowoc/Grove, Gomaco, and other major equipment manufacturer machinery
- Troubleshooting and/or diagnostic skills for: Engine, Transmission/Drivetrain, Hydraulic, Electrical, A/C, On Board Computer and Electronic Control Module
- Welding / Fabricating experience a plus
- Computer skills a plus
- Good attitude is a MUST
- Flexibility and willingness to work weekends as needed
Zachry stands on a rich tradition of creativity, stability, innovation and experience in the construction industry. Fully understanding that Zachry’s employees are the heart of our success, we foster a dynamic work environment by providing development opportunities such as training, education, and career advancement. We believe people are our greatest asset and offer a variety of training and development opportunities to promote excellence and facilitate career advancement.
Zachry offers an industry leading benefits package for our employees and their families.
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- and many more
Zachry Construction Corporation performs heavy civil and building work throughout the United States and relocation is sometimes required for continuous employment opportunities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.