Heavy Equipment Operator III - OP1018
Sanders Brothers Construction is currently seeking Heavy Equipment Operators to support their Charleston area grading projects. Sanders Brothers has successfully supported customers throughout the state for more than 50 years. The Heavy Equipment Operator will be critical to our continued support of our customers in the Charleston area.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Heavy Equipment Operator will be responsible for operating heavy earth moving equipment in support of company grading and site operations.
- Operates one or more types of heavy equipment such as dozer, trackhoe/excavator, or motor grader to prepare undeveloped job sites to meet job required grades.
- Construct/grade new roads, building pads and water retention ponds to proper slope and grade specifications.
- Operate equipment efficiently to maintain production goals.
- General housekeeping and maintenance checks of equipment including reporting usage/utilization hours on a daily basis or as directed by supervisor.
- The use of a shovel to move material will be necessary.
- Ability to work in the tri-county area.
- Working in varying weather conditions.
- Keep company work site clean and orderly, informing management of any safety concerns.
- Comply with all SBCC policies, procedures and safety requirements.
- Perform any other general duties as specified.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 1 + Years of equipment operation experience.
- Experience operating one or more pieces of earth moving equipment (dozer, grader, etc…).
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Must obtain a negative drug test result prior to hire and maintain throughout term of employment.
- Must meet SBCC's employment standards with regards to background checks.
- Have the ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Flexible availability to include overtime and possible weekends.
- Work environments will vary making it necessary to tolerate weather conditions, such as rain and extreme temperatures. Employees may be exposed to dust, dirt, varying temperatures, loud noises, etc.
- Experience operating equipment during site development.
- Proficient and building retention ponds to required slopes.
- Capable of programming GPS installed devices.
- Experience fine grading with various types of equipment
- Valid Driver’s license
Medical, Dental, Vision, Profit Sharing, 401K, Vacation and Holiday
Sanders Brothers Construction is a fully bonded, license and insured general contractor of street & road construction, and asphalt manufacturing. Founded in the early 60’s, we continue to pride our company on the principles that laid the initial foundation for success: hard work, customer satisfaction and quality products and service.
Sanders Brothers Construction, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
“EEO is the Law”