Hyrdo Excavation Operator - HO1018
Sanders Brothers Construction is currently seeking commercially licensed driver (Class A or B) to drive and operate a combination Vacuum Truck in support of their Charleston area operations. Sanders Brothers has successfully supported customers throughout the state for more than 50 years. The Vacuum Truck Driver/Operator will be critical to our continued support of our customers in the Charleston area. The Driver/Operator will be responsible for operating specialized vehicles used for servicing utility lines which may require after hours and emergency support.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Vacuum Truck Driver/Operator will be responsible for driving and operating combination vehicles designed for utility line cleaning, vacuum excavation and hydro excavation.
- Drive and operate a combination truck installed with hydraulically operated front mounted hose reel with polyethylene water tanks and a high capacity water pump.
- Manage, train and provide guidance to vacuum-Camera Truck assistants.
- Maintain DOT driving qualifications.
- Opening and closing manhole covers.
- Dumping waste product in approved sites.
- Assist during utility pipe repairs.
- Flexible availability to include overtime, possible weekends and may require periods of “on-call” time.
- Work in varying weather conditions and work environments including dusty, wet, loud noises, etc.
- Keep company vehicle clean and orderly, informing management of any safety concerns or vehicle problems.
- Comply with all SBCC policies, procedures and safety requirements.
- Perform any other general duties as specified.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Commercial driving experience or training.
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Must possess a valid Class A or B commercial driver's and maintain an acceptable driving record by complying with standards established by SBCC policy.
- Must have valid or be able to obtain DOT medical certification.
- Tank Endorsement or ability to obtain prior to start date.
- Must obtain a negative drug test result prior to hire and maintain throughout term of employment.
- Must meet SBCC's employment standards with regards to background checks.
- Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Work environments will vary making it necessary to tolerate weather conditions, such as rain and extreme temperatures. Employees may be exposed to dust, dirt, varying temperatures, loud noises, etc.
- Experience working with varying brands of vacuum truck equipment.
- 2+ years of commercial driving experience
- Tank Endorsement
Candidates are encouraged to provide a 3-year MVR at the time of application.
All candidates must pass background prescreen and pre-employment drug test.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Profit Sharing, 401K, Vacation and Holiday
Sanders Brothers Construction is a fully bonded, license and insured general contractor of street & road construction, and asphalt manufacturing. Founded in the early 60’s, we continue to pride our company on the principles that laid the initial foundation for success: hard work, customer satisfaction and quality products and service.
Sanders Brothers Construction, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
“EEO is the Law”