BASIC PURPOSE: (Primary purpose of the position)
Prepares estimates, sells and coordinates installation of insulation, roofing, siding, doors, windows and/ or other materials for contracting agent.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: (Primary accountability for specific functions and results)
1. Estimates, provides quotes and sells building materials to builders and homeowners.
2. Schedules and supervises installation crews.
3. Educates, demonstrates product usage, and assists customer with product selections.
4. Reviews all building plans or blue prints to determine questions or issues.
5. Prepares and submits periodic reports detailing activities, sales, volumes and expenses.
6. Maintains inventory on all materials needed and orders materials as needed. Monitors costs.
7. Supervises personnel and ensures adherence to department/ company polices and procedures.
8. Maintains discipline, fosters good employee relations and boosts moral. Performs other normal supervisory duties.
9. Performs personnel management duties including training, hiring, terminating, initiating disciplinary actions, completing performance reviews, monitoring and making departmental wage recommendations.
10. Performs other related duties as necessary.
BASIC SPECIFICATIONS: (Requirements to perform at a proficient level and be fully qualified)
1. Minimum education required—High School Diploma
2. Minimum experience required—5 years of experience working in general construction and 2 yrs supervising work groups. Demonstrated experience working with subcontractors.
3. Special skills required—Ability to read and interpret blueprints. Broad knowledge of all facets of residential construction. Previous experience working with installation crews. Ability to interpret contracts and legal agreements. Excellent communication, interpersonal customer relation’s skills. Ability to work with and motivate personnel.
4. Special knowledge required—Detailed knowledge of building materials, applications, specifications and costs. Knowledge of building code and inspection processes.
5. Other-- Computer literate. Ability to work in a variety of environments and climates. Able to lift up to 50 lbs regularly and 100 lbs occasionally.