Kennel Care Specialist
Individual who loves dogs of all sizes. Who enjoys working with dogs of all kinds and is responsible for playtime, feeding, cleanliness of room clean and comfortable environment.
Job Duties Include:
- Feeding dogs
- One -one-one play and socialization
- Maintain clean kennels and yards
- Rotating dogs for play time and socialization
- Observant of abnormal behavior such as inflamed eyes , sore paws, poor eating, epilepsy, diarrhea, or excessive barking.
- Observes the safety of dogs (overheating, conflict between dogs, awareness of bloat)
- Communicates conditions to supervisor or owner
- Brings dogs to front area at discharge
- Updates to the owner of the dog’s stay and behavior
- Assist owner to bring personal items and dog to car
Possible Career Advancement Could Include:
- Concierge Specialist
- Event Management
- New Client Acquisition
- Client Services and Membership Management
- Volunteer and Community Services Management
- Loves and enjoys working with dogs - This is a must.
- Client focused, conscientious and caring
- Comfortable working with dogs of all sizes, breeds and temperaments
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lb dogs, and handle pulling weight of large dogs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be adaptable in sometimes busy, stressful situations and varied weather conditions
- Comfortable in working in a safety first environment in all dog activities
- Organized, has attention to detail.
Salary and Benefits Section:
- Boarding, Daycare and Grooming Discounts
- Product Discounts
- Salary based on experience