Meridian Residential Group’s specialty is turning properties into thriving communities. Our team has a successful track record of guiding properties in all stages to stability. At Meridian Residential Group, we not only invest in our communities, but we also invest in our team. The emphasis on our people is at the core of our success.
CURRENT OPPORTUNITY: Lead Maintenance Technician
We are searching for an experienced Lead Maintenance Technician for this 280 unit community.
The Lead Maintenance Technician reports to the Property Manager under the supervision of the Regional Maintenance Manager and performs general maintenance and repair to ensure apartment units and other property facilities are in good working order. Responsibilities include diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) units; electrical appliances, outlets, and light fixtures; plumbing, carpentry, and locks. The Lead Maintenance Technician follows a planned preventative maintenance schedule and follows up with residents after repairs are complete. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting with preparing vacant apartment units for rental and landscape and renovation projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot and perform all necessary repairs to the apartment community, including plumbing, HVAC, carpentry and electrical. Installation of new appliances as needed
- Ensure resident requested service orders are completed on a timely basis
- Assist in maintaining the exterior of the property to provide clean and acceptable curb appeal daily
- Manages the maintenance budget
- Comply with OSHA regulations and health, safety and environmental laws
- Manager and train the Maintenance, Make Ready and Groundskeeper Technician staff effectively
- Receives requests for service maintenance prioritizes work orders and handles each in the most efficient manner.
- Examines and diagnoses problems with heating, ventilation and air conditioning units for property facilities. Determines the best method to repair or replace all or part of the unit. Makes repairs and/or replacements according to standard. Performs preventative maintenance on HVAC units by replacing filters, cleaning coils, etc.
- Repairs and replaces furnished kitchen appliances such as refrigerators, stoves, washers, and dryers. May contact an outside vendor to make more advanced or severe repairs or replacements.
- Performs minor to moderate-level plumbing repairs, replacements, and/or installations including repairing leaks and removing clogs in sinks and toilets.
- Performs minor electrical repairs and replacement of light fixtures and related items.
- Repairs locks and other miscellaneous items.
- May perform painting projects ranging from a full interior painting of property units to minor touch up and repair of walls and woodwork.
- May perform “make ready” projects for the preparation of vacant units available for prospective tenants.
- Cleans carpets as assigned.
- May perform swimming pool maintenance or other facility and/or landscape projects to ensure property aesthetics meet or exceed standards.
- Adheres to Meridian's safety and hazard communications programs, policies and procedures and maintains a safe work environment.
- Works irregular hours (evenings, weekends), including on-call and overtime hours, as required by the Meridian's SOP.
- Operates a motor vehicle to transport tools and materials between work sites.
- Attends and participates in technical training programs to maintain and enhance knowledge and skills.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
- High school diploma/GED and one to three years of experience in facility maintenance and/or mechanical repair required
- HVAC and EPA Certification required upon hire.
- Universal and/or Pool Certification required at hire or within 90 days of assuming the position.
- Valid driver’s license from the state of residence required
- Commercial maintenance experience with plumbing, electrical, and janitorial strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of heating and air conditioning unit maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair
- General knowledge of the repair and maintenance of appliances, lighting fixtures, and plumbing
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety regulations and precautions
- Knowledge and skills to operate common and specialized tools for repairs and maintenance
- Ability to visually inspect units, grounds, and other aspects of the property to determine adherence to standards
- Skill and ability to clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing with professionalism when interacting with tenants and property management
- Knowledge and skills to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Customer service and problem-solving skills
- Ability to read, interpret and apply written instructions for repair and maintenance of equipment
- Attention to details
- Basic computer/technical skills to operate mobile computing or communications devices
Physical and Environmental Requirements
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, bend, walk use hands and fingers to control objects, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, and hear. The associate must be able to lift 50 pounds individually and up to 100 pounds with assistance devices (dollies, hand trucks, additional persons).
- Must be able to see and read to complete forms, read reports, and visually determine the correct working order of physical aspect of units and other property facilities. Frequently needs to see small details.
- While performing the duties of this job the associate primarily works in an outdoor environment exposed to adverse weather conditions as well as dirt and/or dust.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- The company provides Basic Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Additional Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan and company match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Free Will & Legal Assistance
- Free Travel Assistance
TO JOIN OUR TEAM... APPLY TODAY!