Since 1947, Crowder has built a legacy of success in the construction industry. We work throughout the Southeast on heavy construction infrastructure projects ranging from bridges, dams, water and waste water treatment facilities, power plants and other energy facilities. We are a general contractor who self performs civil, electrical and mechanical trades on both traditional and more complex alternative delivery projects.
As a family-owned company, it is the spirit of not only doing the right things, but doing things the right way that is the true legacy of our founders and our people. Crowder is Building America and Proud of It® as reflected in our Mission Statement:
We are dedicated to superior performance and committed to making a positive difference for our clients, for our communities, and in the lives of our employees.
If you are looking for a career, not just a job, with a company committed to your future, apply today.
CROWDER IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY (EOE) AFFIRMATIVE ACTION (AA) EMPLOYER
Qualified Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Crowder is a Drug Free Workplace and E-Verify Employer
REQUIREMENTS: ALL Applicants must be:
- 18 years of Age
- Able to Pass a Drug Test
- Legally Eligible to Work in the US
- Additional Requirements for Craftworkers:
- Must have own transportation to and from jobsite every work day (driver's license not required)
- Must provide own hand tools (excluding power tools)
- May be expected to travel where the project requires (multi-state opportunities)
The Company’s first line of supervision; responsible for direct hands-on work of a crew to produce units of construction which are assigned on a project by a superintendent or project manager. Ensure crew operates within Crowder’s safety standards at all times. Plan and assign work; track and account for labor hours and productivity; supervise activities of a construction crew of typically 2 or more workers.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring Work is Completed Safely
- SAFETY FIRST!!! Ensuring work is completed
- Plan and perform all work under all OSHA
- Ability to be trained as a Competent Person (Required OSHA Training on trench excavation, lockout/tag out procedures, confined space, scaffolding erection ).
- Examine and inspect work progress, equipment, and construction sites to verify safety and ensure that specifications are met.
- Organize and/or conduct weekly safety meetings.
- Immediately address all safety issue observed or brought to your attention by anyone.
- Responsible for the safety of the crew.
- Planning, Scheduling and Coordinating Work
- Read specifications, such as blueprints and data, to determine construction requirements.
- Locate, measure, and mark location and placement of structures and equipment.
- Recommend improvements to production methods and equipment performance to increase efficiency and safety.
- Assist Superintendent in planning and scheduling crew work. May plan and schedule materials and equipment independently.
- Advise Superintendent of people, material, and equipment needs to carrying out assigned tasks.
- Organize crew, materials, and equipment to achieve the highest productivity, quality, and lowest cost in line with budget.
- Record and report equipment and material use, work production, and employee work hours on specified forms.
- Continuously check work of crew and adjust the work, plan, and schedule as required.
- Keep Superintendent advised of the work status and recommend necessary adjustments.
- Maintain inventory of equipment and materials well in advance of the need.
- Supervision, Leadership, and Mentoring of the crew
- Assist workers engaged in, and communicate policies on the use of, hand tools and equipment.
- Direct assignments of crew(s) with close supervision of their activities.
- Show understanding of, and commitment to, Crowder Construction Company’s EEO and affirmative action policies in all phases of employment.
- Suggest and initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, and hires.
- Handle employee concerns and complaints, conflicts, and performance issues.
- Train crew on new procedures, techniques, and/or operation of equipment.
- Maintain the following qualities: Planning and Scheduling Ahead, Technically Proficient, Focus on Crew Safety, Confidence, Enthusiasm and Pride in Work, Positive “Can Do” Attitude, Clear Communicator, Mutual Respect with Crew, Look for Better Ways to Do Things, Willing to Teach, Willingness to Work.
- Work self and crew 100% safely leading by example. Spend 100% of time directly working with and supervising crew.
- Maintain an efficient and clean work area.
- Ability to take direction and lead the crew effectively.
- Quality and Production
- Responsible for the quality of the work of your crew.
- Monitor the progress of your work against the planned production goals.
- Immediately address any quality or production issues.
- Responsible for correct completion of work by crew the first time.
- Must turn out a quality product at minimal cost with no rework.
Complete all necessary documentation and paperwork as required daily and properly including but not limited to: Time sheets, Plan Your Day sheets, Measure your Day sheets, and Pre-Task Planning Sheets, daily time sheets, daily journal/diary, weekly safety report, receiving reports, change/time off, work order, etc.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, & Experience:
- Must demonstrate thorough knowledge and skill of mechanical type construction and apply hands-on supervision with effective leadership.
- High school and/or trade school diploma preferred.
- Must have a valid, non-restrictive driver’s license.
- Must be a good communicator, motivator, and team player.
- Must understand all tools of the mechanical trade.
- Maintain knowledge of correct use of trade specific tools for mechanical installations and correct use of mechanical equipment.
- Maintain a general understanding of other foreman specialties such as labor, electrical, concrete and civil as related to the electrical discipline.
- Ability to read plans.
At the heart of Crowder’s Mission Statement is the commitment to “make a positive difference in the lives of our employees.” Our comprehensive benefits package is custom-designed to achieve that goal through access to the following benefits:
- Health Plans, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program with Incentives
- 401k Savings and Profit Sharing Plan with Matching Contributions
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Hospital Indemnity and Critical Illness
- Company Paid Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Crowder YOUniversity Career-Based Training
- Educational Assistance
- Direct Deposit
Benefits may vary based on position and length of employment.
Click the Apply button above to be considered for the opening.