Located in Lancaster, SC, LCI-Lineberger Construction Inc. provides a wide range of services from building highways to commercial site preparation, erosion control, reclamation, grading and paving and utility installation for public and private clients alike. The company also operates a trucking division with a fleet of 25 dump trucks providing services to LCI jobs as well as to other customers. In business since 1995, LCI is a very fast growing and dynamic company providing many opportunities for career growth and individual achievement.
- Major Medical Health Insurance
- Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- LTD and STD
- Company Sponsored 401k
- PTO and Paid Holidays
- Employee Training
Works under close supervision to perform maintenance and repair tasks on all fleet vehicles, heavy construction equipment and other equipment; to maintain records related to equipment and vehicle repairs, shop operations; and to perform related duties and responsibilities as required. Works in a manner to achieve the company goal; One Team, One Mission: Safety, Quality, Production.
Description of Tasks: The following is an abbreviated list of tasks:
- Conducts safety inspections on vehicles and equipment.
- Concentrates on the performing the assigned scheduled maintenance in a productive manner.
- Performs preventive maintenance (PM) field repairs of vehicles or equipment as necessary, including during adverse weather / environmental conditions.
- Picks up parts and supplies necessary for unexpected maintenance and repair work. Interacts with vehicle / equipment operators to help determine service and repair needs but always coordinates with the shop foreman.
- Maintains Service Truck and equipment in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
- Performs all work in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, company and department policies and procedures, and standards of quality and safety.
- Maintains accurate and complete work records.
- Work safely wear applicable PPE and notify supervisor of any potentially unsafe situations.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Remain productive for the entire work day.
- Maintain personal appearance in accordance with company policy.
- Show a willingness to learn job site goals and company-wide goals.
- Perform any other special projects as needed.
- Prerequisites For Position:
Formal Education: None required, High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Ability to learn, understand and apply pertinent rules, regulations, and policies and procedures
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Read and understand maintenance and repair manuals and related diagrams
- Diagnose mechanical defects accurately and make necessary repairs to equipment in a timely manner
- Safely operate and maintain assigned equipment and tools.
- Read and write at a level required for successful job performance
- Maintain accurate work records
- Perform required mathematical computations with accuracy
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written form
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Meet the physical requirements necessary to safely and effectively perform assigned duties
- Ability to listen and follow instructions as given
- Demonstrate cooperative mannerisms to fellow-workers, foreman, and customers
- Consistently arrives for work at the scheduled time
- Follow proper procedure for absences from work
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue and to effectively jump, sprint or throw an object
- Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination.
- Additional Requirement:
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record is required
- Previous Job Performance/Experience Required: