- SC |
- Jobs |
- On-campus Rep - Central Carolina Technical College
On-campus Rep - Central Carolina Technical College
WorkHands is a network for people and organizations in the skilled trades. We have 25K people on the network and are working closely with trade schools, community colleges, and apprenticeships like yours.
We're hiring at least one Student Rep at each school, potentially more, for approximately 5-10hrs per week. Exact tasks will vary depending on your organization, but here's an idea of what you'll be doing:
What's the best way to apply?
- Channel feedback to the WorkHands team. We'd love to visit every organization on WorkHands, but since we can't, we need your help figuring out what people love (and hate) about WorkHands.
- Make sure WorkHands posters are hung in each department so students and staff can sign up easily at your program.
- Periodically go around to classrooms and shops and help get job posts from the bulletin board onto WorkHands. You can simply email pictures to your school's email address, and we'll convert as needed.
- Identify new ideas for the product, bugs we can fix, and anything else that'd improve WorkHands at your school.
- Identify employers and contacts that should be on WorkHands for your employers and help bring them on.
- Identify local press for when WorkHands is fully live in your area to let others in your community know about the network.
- Above all, set a shining example for others on the network of what an actively engaged account looks like.
Compensation and perks:
- To start, make a great profile. Show us you're a WorkHands power user.
- Next, submit an application on WorkHands for this job post. Your profile serves as your application once you click to Apply.
- Finally, if you really want to stand out, contact us directly. Let us know what you think about WorkHands so far -- what you like, what can be improved -- and anything else that'd help demonstrate why you'd be a great Student Rep.
- This will be an hourly position, great for filling in time between classes.
- WorkHands Gear - a personalized work shirt, hat, etc.
- Potential to be brought out to SF this summer to meet the rest of the team for top liaisons
- Equity in WorkHands is available for outstanding candidates who drive some of the highest engagement for their organization on WorkHands