The Project Manager directs the Concrete Paving construction activities on the I-85 Joint Venture project in Gaffney, SC, maintaining client and home office liaison and ensuring compliance with contractual obligations on a large complex project.
- Responsible for controlling costs and maintaining profitability for the project(s), utilizing extensive heavy construction experience.
- Manage field construction activity, engineering, and other field project(s) support activities.
- Supervises the development of project(s) schedules and monitors production to assure timely project(s) completion.
- Reviews cost reports and makes analysis to assist in reducing costs and maintaining productivity.
- Establishes project(s) labor requirements and reviews these requirements with divisional management.
- Conducts regular project(s) inspections and advises project(s) supervision of work progress, quality of work and conditions requiring attention regarding safety.
- Coordinates work with subcontractors to ensure all subcontract work is within project(s) scope and specifications.
- Administers project(s) policies and procedures to subcontractors.
- Coordinates with engineers, inspectors, and clients/owner representatives to isolate project(s) projects and assists in developing solutions.
- Regularly conducts safety meetings and provide assistance to supervision in addressing areas and conditions requiring attention.
- Continually monitors project(s) to assure company and regulatory procedures are adhered to. Monitors project(s) purchasing activities to assure quality material and timely delivery at competitive costs.
- Conducts regular meetings with project(s) supervision to review project(s) progress and to plan future construction activity.
- Determines the necessity of construction equipment and assures equipment is properly maintained.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this position. The job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft programs such as Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A proven track record of organizing work forces to accomplish project goals
- Effective negotiation and contract management skills to represent the company with the Owner and outside agencies
- Well-rounded base of knowledge in construction disciplines
- Experience with highly technical and design-build projects is a plus
- 5-10 years previous heavy highway construction management experience in Concrete Paving Operations.
- Medium to Large heavy civil project experience ($10M+) is required
- Knowledge of the local construction environment is desired
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or similar discipline is preferred
Zachry stands on a rich tradition of creativity, stability, innovation and experience in the construction industry. Fully understanding that Zachry’s employees are the heart of our success, we foster a dynamic work environment by providing development opportunities such as training, education, and career advancement. We believe people are our greatest asset and offer a variety of training and development opportunities to promote excellence and facilitate career advancement.
Zachry offers an industry leading benefits package for our employees and their families.
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- and many more
Zachry Construction Corporation performs heavy civil and building work throughout the United States and relocation is sometimes required for continuous employment opportunities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.