The National Renewable Energy Corporation (NARENCO) is a premier operations and maintenance services firm, specializing in monitoring DAS and SCADA driven PV solar systems while supported by a world-class response and repair service O&M Team, for utility-scale and commercial solar installations.
NARENCO’s fiscal discipline and revenue growth places them among the top solar companies in the Southeast, with nearly 250 MW in operation. Since its founding in 2009, NARENCO’s continued success demonstrates its ability to stay strategically aligned in a maturing solar market. We are committed to building a world class organization by investing in its exceptional employees. NARENCO’s growing team is comprised of O&M PV Solar Technicians, NABCEP certified installers, engineers, finance professionals and developers.
CURRENT OPPORTUNITY: PV Solar Technician
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
Under the supervision of the O&M Supervisor the PV Solar Technician has two primary areas of responsibility:
- Perform maintenance services for PV sites under an O&M agreement,
- Perform testing / commissioning services for PV sites under construction, and
These responsibilities require providing all aspects of on-site repair, maintenance, modifications and commissioning of NARENCO’s portfolio of solar PV facilities in operation or under construction. Duties include commissioning, testing, inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, and modifying AC and DC solar PV systems, including inverters, PV module arrays, transformers, switchgear, trackers, and metering systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Responsible for scheduled and unscheduled inspection, maintenance and repair of solar PV systems ensuring that all activities performed comply with OEM requirements and warranties.
- Identifies problems and develops corrective action plans.
- Responsible for testing activities which may include: open circuit voltage, I-V curves, operating DC current, Power Meter verification, resistance, thermography and megger testing.
- Travel to project site locations as assigned to perform all aspects of on-site installation, repair, maintenance, oversight, and modifications as required.
- Perform Quality Control inspection on construction projects in projects as assigned.
- Audit third party systems as directed for potential sales of O&M service contracts.
- Identify, coordinate, and observe work of contractors performing installation, troubleshooting and repairs on assigned sites.
- Record and report all faults, deficiencies, and other unusual occurrences, as well as the time and materials expended on work orders. Responsible for all required repairs, maintenance, and monitoring of all warranty claims. May required development of forms if none exist.
- Prepare reports and communicate to customers the results of maintenance and troubleshooting activities.
- Complete assigned training and qualification requirements within a specified time frame, including meeting or exceeding minimum test score requirements.
- Lead or assist in process and procedure development and revision.
- Become familiar with the requirements of each O&M contract assigned.
- High school graduate or GED
- Unrestricted driver’s license
- Practical experience with electrical wiring
- Practical experience with the use of a Local Area Network (LAN) to analyze and trouble shoot performance within a solar facility
- Experience with metering and test equipment
- Ability to organize, prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexible and adaptable. Ability to prioritize and manage frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
- Ability to demonstrate a responsive, service oriented approach to listening and responding to customer requests
- Ability to communicate status of work activities and issues with peers and management as they relate to projects and tasks
- Experience reading and interpreting electrical drawings and technical manuals
- Proficient PC skills including the use of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Mail) as well as Google applications and mail
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented, accurate and thorough
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Possess positive team spirit and inspire same in co-workers
- Possess commitment a high level of integrity and ethics in all actions and decisions
- Exhibit sound, accurate judgment and decision making abilities
- NABCEP Certification
- OSHA 30 certification; First Aid, AED and CPR qualifications
- Ability to efficiently troubleshoot system failures
- Vendor certifications for major inverter suppliers
- Medical, Dental, Vision and United Healthcare insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 9 Paid Holidays
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation (increases with years of service)
- 401(K) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Plan
- Performance Bonus Program
TO JOIN OUR TEAM - APPLY NOW!!