Entry level assistant to driver position; Assists driver in loading and unloading all lumber, millwork, windows, and other building materials. All duties are to be performed within established safety protocol and procedures.
1. Safely and efficiently loads and unloads building materials onto delivery trucks and on job sites
2. Assists driver in unloading materials safely at job sites
3. Acts as ‘spotter’ in assisting driver while reversing or navigating in congested areas
4. Assists driver in housekeeping and maintaining cleaniliness of truck
5. Secures load and/or assists driver in securing loads before delivery.
6. Evaluates job site for hazards before making delivery.
7. Performs all job duties adhering to company policies and procedures
8. Communicates with customer to ensure good customer service
9. Open communication with all levels regarding location challenges, solutions and business impacts.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
11. Travel required in this position: 75-100%, majority local
12. Working conditions vary depending on the location and the season. Both temperature variations and inclement weather are real aspects of the work environment. Must be able to regularly lift up to 100 lbs with assistance and spend long amounts of time stooping, reaching, bending, climbing, standing or walking.
1. Experience in warehouse/material handling experience preferred.
2. Abililty to lift 100 lbs repetitively
3. Good oral communication skills.
4. Sheetrock handeling experience