WK Dickson believes that our people are our most valuable asset. From engineers to urban planners and scientists to surveyors, WK Dickson offers its clients a vast network of talent and passion.
WK Dickson’s people are the best in the business, and our success comes from the personal drive of each of us. Our firm was built on the philosophy that people do business with people they like. That goes for our coworkers, too. We work hard. We take risks. We succeed together.
Survey Instrument Person is responsible for a variety of activities including, and not limited to, actual field work on various outside job locations, ensuring efficiency and accuracy on the work being performed and obtained.
- Analyze and organize project data with accuracy, neatness, and timeliness.
- Locate, review, and research outside job locations identifying landmarks, physical objects, and significant land changes that would affect the required surveys.
- Research, investigate, and select technical reference data pertinent to a project.
- Responsible for the instruments and equipment ensuring all calculations are accurate and conform to regulations and standards.
- Consult and assist survey technicians and other staff in the final computations; ensuring that the final outcome represents a comprehensive and accurate description of the field survey.
- Maintain technical coordination with staff.
- Maintain positive communication with staff, clients and subcontractors.
- Follow general instructions and company policies and procedures.
- Comply with all company safety policies and rules.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Two years of surveying experience.
- Familiarity with all necessary equipment and instruments.
- Analytical skills with ability to prepare statistical reports.
- Ability to work well independently and on a team.
- Ability to communicate ideas and technical information to staff, supervisors and clients in a professional manner.
- Ability to walk safely on uneven surfaces (when working in the field).
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Travel as necessary to meet the needs of the position.
- Compliance with all applicable OSHA and client safety requirements
Company Benefits: With Wellness Premium Credit, Employees are eligible for free medical and dental coverage.
Employees are able to take advantage of our:
- Exclusive ‘Talent Development Program’
- Project Management Curriculum
- Coaching/Mentoring Opportunities
In addition WK Dickson offers its employees a competitive benefits package including:
- Competitive salaries
- Medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision care plans
- Matching 401K program
- Life insurance
- Short and long term disabilities benefits
- Supplemental insurance option
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy
- Paid Holidays
- Continuing education / tuition reimbursement
- Professional registration reimbursement
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Performance-based incentives
- Spot bonuses
- Employee referral bonuses
- Flex-time policy (half-day Fridays)
- Moving and relocation assistance
- Business casual work environment
- Company-sponsored social events
- Community giving and charitable programs
Specific programs vary by region, in accordance with the competitive environments of local areas.