The Party Chief will coordinate the activities of a field survey party and performs the most technically complex paraprofessional field surveying duties.
- Party chief for field survey crews engaged in making plane and/or geodetic surveys for construction, topographic, right-of-way, and control survey projects.
- Participate in pre-survey planning meetings with project team.
- Assign and monitor work, and provides input for evaluation of members of field survey crew.
- Instruct and train survey crew in survey and mapping methods, use of equipment, and field safety procedures.
- Gather field survey data through use of conventional and Global Positioning System (GPS) methods: Set up, adjusts, and operates surveying equipment, including electronic total station, data collector, and GPS equipment, in order to measure distances, elevations, and angles.
- Prepare field notes and drawings.
- Perform field surveying for buildings, roadway, bridges, and flood control projects, including installing surveying construction stakes, tying out existing intersection ties, and locating or establishing vertical and horizontal control, right of way, monuments, corners, boundaries, and property lines.
- Perform complex surveying calculations using engineering calculator, laptop computer.
- Prepare finished grade sheets, topographic maps, records of survey, corner records, and other survey reports.
- Research existing record information, including record maps, plans, deeds, easements, and right-of-way documents; and maintains field data records, survey project files, and indexing systems.
This job summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. The job summary is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Required Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of field surveying practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of survey instruments, including electronic total station, data collector, network control stations, and GPS measuring equipment.
- Knowledge of the laws, rules, and regulations regarding subdivisions of land, boundary locations, mapping, and surveying practices.
- Good understanding of various DOT, Federal, State and local industry-related specifications
- Good understanding of working safely and OSHA requirements
- Proficient with Terramodel.
- Minimum 10 years of experience of progressive responsibility in similar positions.
Zachry stands on a rich tradition of creativity, stability, innovation and experience in the construction industry. Fully understanding that Zachry’s employees are the heart of our success, we foster a dynamic work environment by providing development opportunities such as training, education, and career advancement. We believe people are our greatest asset and offer a variety of training and development opportunities to promote excellence and facilitate career advancement.
Zachry offers an industry leading benefits package for our employees and their families.
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- and many more
Zachry Construction Corporation performs heavy civil and building work throughout the United States and relocation is sometimes required for continuous employment opportunities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.