Training and Development Specialist -TS0119
Sanders Brothers Construction is currently seeking a Training and Development Specialist to support the training efforts of the company. This position requires adherence to all company standards, policies and procedures, as well as compliance with all federal and state regulations. The Trainer will be required to provide strong leadership, training and team building with an emphasis on employee development. Additionally, the Trainer will serve as a field liaison for purposes of retention, performance management and company-wide skills assessment. This position will work in a variety of work environments which will include a traditional office setting but also construction sites throughout the tri-county area.
Sanders Brothers was established in the early 1960’s and is proud of more than 50 years’ operating as a family owned business. We offer a variety of services to our clients and customers including sitework, asphalt production and road construction, soil stabilization, surveying, concrete and other construction related services. We understand the value of each member of our team and are excited about our employee benefit plans which include, medical, dental, vision, life, holidays, vacation and 401K.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assess company-wide development needs to drive training initiatives.
- Conduct company skills assessment based on gaps and training needs as identified by area leadership.
- Utilize training related data to help drive employee evaluations, promotions or other employment related actions to ensure consistent application across the organization.
- Identify and implement suitable, scalable and repeatable training solutions for employees.
- Consult with company leadership to gain knowledge regarding employee training needs and goals.
- Coordinate training objectives, goals and schedules to meet the production demands of the company.
- Develop and implement training program for all newly hired and tenured employees targeting objectives of the area supervisors and company.
- Maintain employee training records and create reports to demonstrate timeliness of training.
- Identify internal resources as subject matter experts for purposes of training employees.
- Evaluate effectiveness of training programs through assessment and supervisor interviews.
- Serve as a liaison for the purpose of retention by meeting with employees and discussing professional growth, development and their overall employment satisfaction.
- Work with local school districts or other outreach opportunities to promote construction trades and employment opportunities.
- Manage state and county “On-the job” training programs.
- Oversee the company’s internships and management trainee programs.
- Training initiatives may include:
- Heavy equipment operation
- Communication and leadership
- New employee field orientation
- Annual company training/meeting
- 3+ years’ experience working with or in the construction industry.
- 3+ years’ experience managing/overseeing adult learning training programs.
- Strong verbal communication and facilitator skills.
- Self-starter and the ability to manage time while participating in and leading training programs.
- Ability to build trust and strong relationships with employees at all levels in the organization.
- Understanding of an organization needs assessment and ability to use data to develop programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Adult Education, Training and Development, Workforce Education, Organizational Development or related field.
- Association for Talent Development (ATD) certification – preferred.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Profit Sharing, 401K, Vacation and Holiday
About Us: Sanders Brothers Construction is a fully bonded, license and insured general contractor of street & road construction, and asphalt manufacturing. Founded in the early 60’s, we continue to pride our company on the principles that laid the initial foundation for success: hard work, customer satisfaction and quality products and service.
Sanders Brothers Construction, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. “EEO is the Law”