Zachry Construction is looking for a experienced Truck Driver-Ready Mix Concrete in Gaffney, SC I-85 project. Potential candidate must have at least 2 year of experience driving Concrete Truck with a Class A or B CDL.
- A professional commercial vehicle driver while transporting our product to the job site(s) on rotating day and night shifts.
- An equipment operator during the process of loading and discharging concrete.
- Completes proper wash outs in designated areas after completed pours at job sites and upon returning to yard from field operations.
- Maintains the highest standard of quality and safety in all aspects of the job.
- As a driver/operator you will operate an 80,000 Lb. ready mix truck in the timely transportation of ready mix concrete to and from destinations.
- Load, unload and secure as needed.
- When a driver returns from a delivery, he/she is required to wash down the truck to clean off excess concrete on the truck or in the barrel. Washing requires using a hose and climbing on the truck approximately 10-15 times per day.
- Prepare, receive and provide appropriate documentation.
- This is a physically demanding position and requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds, several times per day.
- When there is inclement weather or lack of concrete deliveries scheduled and the trucks do not leave the yard, there are times when the drivers are asked to do sweeping and shoveling at the plant. This happens as often as there is consistent rain and/or snow.
This job summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. The job summary is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Required Skills & Experience
- Physical ability to perform assigned tasks
- Tanker Endorsement
- Hazmat Endorsement is a plus
- Physical ability to walk on uneven terrain
- Must possess a valid Class A or B CDL License.
- Must have a clean criminal and MVR background.
- Must pass a DOT Physical and drug screen.
- At least 2-3 years Ready Mix Driving Experience
Zachry stands on a rich tradition of creativity, stability, innovation and experience in the construction industry. Fully understanding that Zachry’s employees are the heart of our success, we foster a dynamic work environment by providing development opportunities such as training, education, and career advancement. We believe people are our greatest asset and offer a variety of training and development opportunities to promote excellence and facilitate career advancement.
Zachry offers an industry leading benefits package for our employees and their families.
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- and many more
Zachry Construction Corporation performs heavy civil and building work throughout the United States and relocation is sometimes required for continuous employment opportunities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.