Stock Building Supply is a leading building materials and solutions company for professional homebuilders and contractors in the United States. We are committed to providing an exceptional customer experience for builders and contractors who are engaged in single- and multi-family residential, repair and remodel and light commercial construction.
As a leading building materials and solutions company, we have learned a great deal about creating and sustaining customer relationships. We serve many markets throughout the United States and leverage our national presence to offer the products that homeowners demand, delivered with our “customer-focused, associate-driven” spirit.
Our Employees Model Our Company Core Values
Achieving our mission requires great people who are bright, creative, and energetic, and who possess the following values:
• Teamwork- We will leverage our capabilities to delivered unparalleled value to our customers
• Integrity – We will be trustworthy and ensure that utmost integrity in all our endeavors
• People- We treat people with respect and develop talent to drive a competitive advantage
• Performance – We consistently perform above expectations and set the pace in the markets we serve
• Service – We will profitably serve our customers and provide SOLUTIONS that help their business thrive.
BASIC PURPOSE: (Primary purpose of the position)
Stock Building Supply windows and doors sales liaison between existing and new customers/ accounts. Generates sales with new and existing customers to meet designated sales goals and ensures the sales and delivery of products and services.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: (Primary accountability for specific functions and results)
1. Maintains and grows existing customer base across the windows and doors product business categories through effective full-scope sales management techniques including prospecting, account qualifying, sales development, quoting and customer follow-up to ensure sales goals are met or exceeded.
2. Formulates accurate and complete project specific customer information ranging from regular site visits, plan review and in- depth customer discussions to enable correct product and product application.
3. Implements customer specific pricing partnering with inside sales support, operations team and vendor resources to secure business and attain profit and sales goals.
4. Offers full-scope services, product upgrades and extended product lines optimizing customer account penetration and customer objectives.
5. Educates customers and internal team on new products, services, industry trends and effective installation.
6. Performs regular account evaluation determining revenue and profitability to balance account viability verses future time efforts.
7. Updates and maintains customer specific information within company systems. Ensures accurate account, customer detail and contact information available to management and support teams.
8. Actively participates in A/R (credit) reviews and customer aging issues to ensure timely account collections.
9. Develops and implements full scope account plans producing an individualized account strategy to maintain, penetrate and grow customer accounts.
10. Schedules regular customer touch bases and account reviews to gather service level feedback, optimize account penetration and ensure expectations are exceeded.
11. Regularly provides market intelligence and feedback including service level feedback, pricing, competition and market developments to Market Leadership.
12. Effectively communicates with diverse levels of customers, vendors and associates.
BASIC SPECIFICATIONS: (Requirements to perform at a proficient level and be fully qualified)
1. Minimum education required—Bachelors in Business Management, Marketing or related field.
2. Minimum experience required—5 years sales experience in windows/doors products, builder segment and building materials supply.
3. Demonstrated management experience, working knowledge of sales forecasting and analysis, ability to estimate from blueprints as well as strong sales and marketing skills.
4. Working knowledge of accounting principles and local building codes and compliance requirements.
5. MS Office and Computer literate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. Stock Building Supply and it's subsidiaries does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.