Entry level Yard/ Warehouse position; full-scope yard and warehouse responsibilities including use of hand controlled forklifts and forklift operation, loading and unloading all lumber and building materials, receiving and shipping, picking orders, stocking and counting inventory, monitoring quality of goods and products and completing all necessary paperwork thoroughly and accurately. Assist in sales related administrative and customer service activities. All duties are to be performed within established safety protocol and procedures.
1. Safely and efficiently load, unload and build outgoing loads of lumber and building materials into storage facilities, onto semi-trailer trucks and flatbeds, securing all outgoing loads in appropriate and safe stacking method. In some locations, automated loading systems are also utilized.
2. Regularly empties trash receptacles and maintains a clean warehouse and yard.
3. Safely operates banding equipment, saws and other necessary facility equipment.
4. Ensures staging areas, loading docks and bays are clear of any materials, lumber or obstacles.
5. Occasionally provides load delivery assistance upon Location Manager directive when loads are difficult or oversized.
6. Receives and organizes all incoming lumber, warehouse products, commodities and materials in a timely and efficient manner. Completing all verification paperwork and material distribution into the appropriate bins and storage locations/areas within same business day.
7. Participates in and supports Inventory and Inventory Control activities, maintaining organized warehouse and yard as well as counting and preparation work for inventories.
8. Open communication with all levels regarding location challenges, solutions and business impacts.
Minimum eductaion - High School Diploma or GED.
Current Forklift certification required and must maintain certification to retain position.
Lumber and building material product knowledge, basic math skills, accurate with a tape measure, saw and hammer.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Basic computer knowledge a plus.
Minimum 6 months forklift experience and 6 months warehouse and material handling experience.